Sunday, May 5, 2013

botanicals. cutouts.

Yes, I'm not giving the cutout invention a rest anytime soon!.. I'm such a fan! On second thought, maybe give me 'til the summer!? Wink wink Haha I've quite a few previous posts on cutouts. It's nice to know there's a multitude of ways to snip through fabric without making 'em look like your tailor's next sewing hazard!  I love this particular triangle cutout. For one, it's above the navel or the most sensitive part of your tummy, where exposure may be a bit concerned. Anyone who wants to show off a  little skin but is toying with 2nd thoughts, because probably we don't have rock packs as Gisele Bundchen or Miranda Kerr, may go with this type of cutout. The skin above the navel is relatively flat and doesn't concave as below the tummy. In essence, the cutout shows a flat region and not some 3D of your abdomen! If you get my drift! The triangle shape also creates an illusion similar to that of an hourglass. The dress's pleated full-skirt detail makes me want to whisk around in it! Botanical prints are refreshing and wider takes on florals and are so on my palette this season. I wore this  piece to a good friend's birthday lunch. Its breezy silhouette was the perfect summer afternoon companion! Tea anyone?! Here are some photos :)    



Aldo- sunnies







S&H Landmark Department Store- silver metallic shoes with spikes




Marquise, Metro Gaisano Market Market- botanical- print dress with cutout detail





Namaste,
Kaky













No comments:

Post a Comment